When the government published “Every Child Matters” it raised 5 key issues that were deemed essential in the complete development of each and every child.
We have a duty to ensure that each child:
- Stays safe
- Is healthy
- Is able to enjoy and achieve
- Is able to achieve economic well-being
- Makes a positive contribution
At Biggin Hill the health and safety of all children is of paramount importance. Parents send their children to school each day with the expectation that school provides a secure environment in which their children can flourish. We therefore have to ensure that this expectation becomes reality. We have very clear policies regarding Child Protection and Safeguarding Children which can be accessed via the links below, additionally all staff have completed level 1 safeguarding training which is renewed every three years.
What to do if you have a concern about a child attending Biggin Hill Primary
During school hours:
- Contact school and speak to any of the Child Protection team on 01482 825377
- Or – contact the Access and Assessment team for Hull on 01482 448879
Out of school hours (including during school holidays):
- If your concern is urgent and there is an immediate risk of harm, then contact the police on 999
If your concern is less urgent but you are worried about the welfare of a child, then contact Children’s Social Care, Access & Assessment Team on 01482 448879 (weekdays 8.30am – 5pm) Immediate Help Team on 01482 300304 (after 5pm and weekends)
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and this will be picked up by a member of our Child Protection team
At Biggin Hill we use CPOMS, an online reporting system, for monitoring Safeguarding, wellbeing and all pastoral issues. In line with our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy all staff record any concerns to ensure that children, young people and adults are safe and fully supported.
Meet our Child Protection Team
Mrs R DaleAssistant Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs R Dale
Miss R HarrawaySafeguarding Officer
Miss R Harraway
Mrs K CutlerChair of Governors
Mrs K Cutler
Miss T KnightLead Practitioner for Computing, Online Safety and Data Protection and Trust Designated Safeguarding Lead
Miss T Knight
Please click on the links to view our Safeguarding Policy and our Child Protection Policy
- Safeguarding Children – Government Advice
- Prevent Strategy Pamphlet
- Preventing Abuse
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Domestic Abuse and COVID-19 Advice
- NSPCC - Coronavirus advice
- Child Protection Professionals - Young People and Technology
- Educate Against Hate
- NSPCC - Radicalisation
- Let's Talk About It - What is prevent?
- Whistleblowing Policy
White Ribbon Campaign
At Biggin we are committed to educating our children at an early age about gender equality. We are supporters of the White Ribbon Campaign.
Here are some photographs from our White Ribbon Day, each class created a hand print montage with their their names on to agree to end violence.
White Ribbon Day